Puts on USO

Trying to eyeball the USO chart to get an estimate of where to buy puts that roughly correspond to CL predictions but not having much luck. How do I work this out?

THIS!

Same with GLD. They aren’t 1:1 like their futures equivalents. I also would like some figures @jgsavoldi if a conversion, of s(h)orts, exists

1 Like

The method I have been using is to go back on the USO chart and look at where retest levels were created specifically on that chart. Generally this lines up pretty well with the CL futures market, but if the retest was created like Sunday evening or something in the futures market this can get a little wonky for USO.

A simpler, but maybe less accurate (we’ll see when we get there) strategy would be to look at key points when both USO/CL are open for trading and calculate a ratio between the prices. This has issues because the markets are somewhat different but if you average across a handful of key price points it should give you a reasonable ballpark price, at least for the very near term.

My USO chart of the trendlines (and speed lines?) looks quite a bit different than CL so the next few weeks should be a good experiment.

1 Like

I have been using a .30 deviation. 68.03x.30=20.409. Take $68.03-20.49=47.621. That is a close as I have been able to narrow it down to. Sold a chunk of mine July 19th, but we be getting somore for JAN 2022. Using this method gets me to the 24 Strike and BAM is predicted 35.25 retest. A ton of put at strike $24 Jan 2022 already! Hopefully that help but my USO profits have been one of my best in the commodities. Not financial advice and not a finacial advisor… U know the spiel. Lol good luck!

2 Likes

nice, man! thanks for the info. Will def pick up a few with you.

1 Like

Have not tested it for GLD as I got out of my position a little bit ago when things went sideways. Still have a small position waiting on a bounce.

1 Like

SCO, is a 2× oil short…might consider this , I have had some luck with calls on this etf…gl all

1 Like

DRIP is a short ETF too

BAM Investor is not a licensed broker, broker-dealer, market maker, investment banker, investment advisor, analyst or underwriter. Our discussions, analysis and predictions are derived by our interpretation of our proprietary model’s readings, and should not be misconstrued as an investment recommendation or advice in any form. It should be clearly understood by anyone viewing this site or related materials that investing in the stock market carries with it inherent risks and uncertainties. The actual results of a stock or commodity or currency could differ materially from descriptions given. There is a risk for substantial losses trading securities and commodities. Material and commentary provided is for information purposes only and should not be construed as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities.

The information contained on this website and any subsequent reports or articles are based on analysis of qualitative, statistical, and financial data and should not be interpreted as recommendations based on a complete investment evaluation. The information is based on sources that BAMinvestor believes to be reliable, but no representation, express or implied, is made with respect to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness. The information is subject to change without notice, and BAMinvestor does not accept responsibility to update it.

BAMinvestor does not accept responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, or other losses or damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of access to, or use of, any reports or information contained in it.

Principals or employees of BAMinvestor may have a position in, and may from time to time purchase or sell, securities of any company discussed in this report.