Evergrande, The Economy & Tension w/ China

Thought it might be worth while to bring this to the forum for discussion. Not sure if or when these might be taken down.

MJB tweeted this 4 hours ago on Chinese CP

Led me to this interesting thread:

-How fast do you think stable coin regulation will come?
-Just how bad has CP become?
-How will this effect us?

Another mention that was a good read:

All this news coming out about Evergrande has me hooked. It will be an interesting outcome to say the least.

Created this thread tonight to see what you all think about this topic and how it could have quite an effect on things.

What a financial rabbit hole…

Thanks for sharing. This is starting to get ridiculous

1 Like

The thread from the lastbearstanding in the Michael Burry retweet* is pretty incredible. Wow.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m going back and screenshotting that one for records. The other one too.

Make a scrapbook:

“Market Crash of 2021”

1 Like

But consider the implications if true: The crypto universe may be riding on the back of China’s collapsing property developers

3 Likes

@leelindseyerin I think this is a great idea. If you are making that, would you be able to make it sharable? It would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to add here with anything else I find this weekend. Shoot, I might even start a record book like you are haha. These are only a couple sources with good info and there are a lot more out there right now.

@Josh Yeah that thread is pretty juicy. Definitely opening some eyes.

@mpbeachum Its a pretty scary thought isn’t it? :grimacing: :upside_down_face:
Definitely paying much more attention to crypto as we move forward.

1 Like

MJB tweets already deleted.

If you didn’t see this article already I’d definitely give it a read:
https://www.fitchratings.com/research/fund-asset-managers/stablecoins-could-pose-new-short-term-credit-market-risks-01-07-2021

I’ll get to work on a sharable version. Just got back from an art fair so I need to upload all my screenshots to my computer. Got my gator kabob and local honey so I’m all set and ready to go.

1 Like

Okay, let me know if this is viewable. I figured no one uses LiveJournal anymore, so it’d be perfect for this. Entries can be made, plus scrapbook and video can be added.

Thanks for making this. Sounds like a good spot to add new info moving forward. I will check it out later after I take care of a few things.

No problem. I started throwing a lot of seemingly random things at it, including some Jim Cramer Tweets (see if we can get the next “Bear Stearns” in there :rofl:) I think it will all look interesting moving forward, but there is a lot to sift through. going to work on some classwork, but I got a bit added so far.

Yes, I can access it! Great start!

1 Like

More today from MJB on lastbearstanding:

All this happening now says a lot to me. Its almost as if there is bold writing on the wall in big black letters telling us whats to come.

1 Like

More on USDT issues:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-26/tether-executives-said-to-face-criminal-probe-into-bank-fraud

1 Like

Looks like they are kicking the can further down the road.

1 Like

someone really needs to pick up that can.

1 Like

If we keep missing ZOS and ATH, I’m going to be collecting cans. :laughing:

2 Likes

haha you got that right.

BAM Investor is not a licensed broker, broker-dealer, market maker, investment banker, investment advisor, analyst or underwriter. Our discussions, analysis and predictions are derived by our interpretation of our proprietary model’s readings, and should not be misconstrued as an investment recommendation or advice in any form. It should be clearly understood by anyone viewing this site or related materials that investing in the stock market carries with it inherent risks and uncertainties. The actual results of a stock or commodity or currency could differ materially from descriptions given. There is a risk for substantial losses trading securities and commodities. Material and commentary provided is for information purposes only and should not be construed as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities.

The information contained on this website and any subsequent reports or articles are based on analysis of qualitative, statistical, and financial data and should not be interpreted as recommendations based on a complete investment evaluation. The information is based on sources that BAMinvestor believes to be reliable, but no representation, express or implied, is made with respect to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness. The information is subject to change without notice, and BAMinvestor does not accept responsibility to update it.

BAMinvestor does not accept responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, or other losses or damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of access to, or use of, any reports or information contained in it.

Principals or employees of BAMinvestor may have a position in, and may from time to time purchase or sell, securities of any company discussed in this report.